Version 1.0, Last Revised: April 01, 2015
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13.
- A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. You hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Information in this way.
Types of Data We Collect. "Personal Information" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
- When you create a user account ("Account"), we will collect information from you, including the following: your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, user ID and password.
- When you activate the genetic testing kits for dogs on our Site, we will collect information about your dogs to be tested, including call name, breed, age, and sex. Our third party payment processor will also collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- If you make available certain files or messages through the Services, we will collect that information and may associate that information with your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you comment on one of our blogs on our Site, we will collect your first and last name and email address. Your first and last name (or an alias or nickname chosen by you) and the information contained in your blog comment will be public and stored on our servers.
- Upon completion of a genetic test, we will store test results in association with your Account.
- We may also collect Personal Information, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Information is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
We use or may use tools provided by Google such as AdWords, AdSense, and Google Analytics for Display Advertisting to collect information about how you use and interact with our Site and Services. For these tools, we use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to enhance the usability of our site as well as advertise. These cookies gather information such as the pages you visited, your IP address, a date/time stamp for your visit and which site referred you to the Site. The following lists how these cookies are used and provides additional disclosures related to these products.
- Remarketing, AdWords, and AdSense. We advertise online and leverage these cookies to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to this website. These could be in the form of advertisements on Google search results pages, third-party sites, and could relate to users who visited our site and did not place an order. We follow Google's policy for advertising based on interests and location. Through this process we do not collect personally identifiable information (PII) including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card numbers and do not associate such information with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds, or ther anonmous identifiers.
- Impression Reporting and/or DoubleClick Campain Manager. We report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to your site.
- Demographics and Interest Reporting. We use interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to gauge how and where we focus interest-based advertising.
- Information You Provide to Us.
Use of Your Personal Information
General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account;
- to identify you as a user;
- to improve the Site and Services;
- to provide the Services you request;
- to communicate with you, including regarding the status of the genetic tests you ordered;
- to improve the quality of the experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- Mixing Identifiable and Anonymous Data. We will not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Google's Display Advertising features.
- General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers including to provide payment processing services for the Site and the Services.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
- Changes to Personal Information. You may change any of your Personal Information in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. If you need to make any changes after ordering a testing kit, you may contact us at the address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information.
- Security of Your Personal Information. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. If you exceed a maximum number of log-in attempts, your Account will be locked until you call us to unlock it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Paw Print Genetics
850 E. Spokane Falls Blvd., Suite 200
Spokane, WA 99202