Version 1.2, Last Revised: December 15, 2015
Welcome to www.caninehealthcheck.com (the "Site"), a copyrighted work belonging to Genetic Veterinary Sciences®, Inc. d/b/a Paw Print Genetics® ("Paw Print Genetics", "us", "our", and "we"). We provide genetic testing services for dogs (collectively, with all other services provided through the Site, including genetic counseling services, the "Services"). Certain features of the Services or Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
- Account Creation. In order to use certain features of the Site (e.g., to order genetic testing kits for dogs and to track test progress), you must register for an account with us ("Account") and provide certain information about yourself or your dog(s) as prompted by the Site registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. We may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with Section 9.
- Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (509) 483-5950. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
ORDERING TEST KITS; PAYMENT TERMS; RECEIVING TEST RESULTS
- Ordering Testing. You may order genetic testing for dogs (a "Test") by following the directions on the Site. Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, once you order a Test, you will be sent a sample collection kit and a portion of your charges will be non-refundable as indicated on your receipt. In the event that we are unable to complete the Test (for example, if DNA cannot be successfully extracted), we will send to you, or request from you, a new sample collection kit at no additional Test cost.
- Payment Terms. If you order a Test, you agree to pay the then-current applicable fee listed on the Site at www.caninehealthcheck.com. We may change the pricing for the Test (from time to time in its sole discretion) by updating the Site and without any additional notice to you. We utilize a third party ("Payment Provider") to process payments. You must provide our Payment Provider with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard or any other issuer accepted by us) as a condition to such transactions. The Payment Provider's policies govern the processing of your payment, and you must refer to those policies and not this Agreement to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing your credit card number and associated payment information through the Site and Service, you authorize us through our Payment Provider to immediately receipt you for all fees and charges due and payable to us hereunder, and you agree that no additional notice or consent is required. We reserve the right at any time to change our payment terms, either immediately upon posting on the Site, by email delivery to you or any other reasonable method of communication.
- Taxes. The service fees are net of any applicable sales tax. If the fees are subject to Sales Tax in any jurisdiction, you will be responsible for payment of such Sales Tax, and any related penalties or interest and will indemnify us for any liability or expense we may incur in connection with such Sales Taxes. For purposes of this Agreement, "Sales Tax" will mean any sales or use tax, and any other tax measured by sales proceeds, that we are permitted to pass to you that is (a) the functional equivalent of a sales tax and (b) the applicable taxing jurisdiction does not otherwise impose a sales or use tax. We may automatically charge and withhold such taxes within any jurisdictions that it deems is required.
- Receiving Testing Results. After receiving the sample collection kit, you may swab a buccal or cheek sample of your dog and return the sample to us by following the directions on the sample collection kit. You represent and warrant that: (a) all information you provide about your dog, including the name and breed of your dog, is truthful and accurate; (b) the sample submitted to us corresponds with the information you provide regarding the dog to be tested. We will notify you if DNA cannot be successfully extracted and will send you a new sample collection kit at no cost. Once testing is completed, we will notify you that you may download the Test Results from the Site. Normal Test Results do not exclude inherited mutations not tested in these or other genes that may cause medical problems or may be passed on to offspring. Tests were developed and their performance determined by Paw Print Genetics. This laboratory has established and verified the Tests' accuracy and precision. Because all Tests performed are DNA-based, rare genomic variations may interfere with the performance of some Tests producing false results. If you think these results are in error, it is your responsibility to contact the laboratory immediately for further evaluation. In the event of a valid dispute of results claim, Paw Print Genetics will do its best to resolve such a claim to the customer's satisfaction. If no resolution is possible after investigation by Paw Print Genetics with the cooperation of the customer, the extent of the customer's sole remedy is a refund of the fee paid. IN NO EVENT SHALL PAW PRINT GENETICS BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. Any claim must be asserted within 60 days of the report of the test results.
- Personal and Commercial Use. You may use the Site and the Services for your personal and commercial purposes. We understand that dog breeders, trainers and other may use the Services in connection with dogs owned by someone else. Nonetheless, you represent and warrant that in all cases you have all necessary consents, including from the dog's owner, to use the Services, purchase the Tests and receive the Test Results.
- License and License Restrictions. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, right to access and use the Site and Services. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you will not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise exploit the Site or Services except as expressly provided herein; (b) you will not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Services; (c) you will not access the Site or Services in order to build a similar or competitive service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services will be subject to the terms of this Agreement. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Site or Services content must be retained on all copies.
- Modification. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or Services or any part thereof, except and if otherwise expressly set forth in Section 9.
- No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that we will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site or Services.
- Ownership. Excluding your User Content (defined below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site and Services are owned by us or our licensors. The provision of the Site and Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights. We and our suppliers reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- User Content. "User Content" means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, the Site or Services (e.g., content in the user's profile or postings on our blog). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that makes you or any third party personally identifiable. You represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate the Acceptable Use Policy (defined below). You may not state or imply that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by us. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content (and not us), you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. We are not obligated to backup any User Content and User Content may be deleted at any time. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
- License. You grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site and Services. You agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
Acceptable Use Policy. The following sets forth our "Acceptable Use Policy":
- You agree not to use the Site or Services to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another's privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to use the Site or Services to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (iii) harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site or Services or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or Services, other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Site or Services, through password mining or other means; (vi) harass or interfere with another user's use and enjoyment of the Site or Services; or (vi) introduce software or automated agents or scripts to the Site or Services so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated searches, requests and queries, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Site or Services (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site at all times, however, in compliance with our robots.txt file for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials).
- Enforcement. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Content, investigate, and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of this Agreement or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such acts may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account in accordance with Section 9, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- Feedback. If you provide us any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site or Services ("Feedback"), you assign to us all rights in the Feedback and agree that we will have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner we deem appropriate. We will treat any Feedback you provide to us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
You agree to indemnify and hold us (and our officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site or Services, (b) your User Content, (c) your violation of this Agreement; or (d) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
THIRD PARTY SITES & ADS; OTHER USERS
- Third Party Sites & Ads. The Site might contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties (collectively, "Third Party Sites & Ads"). Such Third Party Sites & Ads are not under our control and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites & Ads. We provide these Third Party Sites & Ads only as a convenience and do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third Party Sites & Ads. You use all Third Party Sites & Ads at your own risk. When you link to a Third Party Site & Ad, the applicable third party's terms and policies apply, including the third party's privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third Party Sites & Ads.
- Other Users. Each Site or Service user is solely responsible for any and all of its User Content. Because we do not control User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content and we make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content, and we assume no responsibility for any User Content. Your interactions with other Site or Service users are solely between you and such user. You agree that we will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site or Service user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
- Release. You release and forever discharge us (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site or Service users or Third Party Sites & Ads. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
THE SITE AND SERVICES (INCLUDING THE TEST RESULTS AND GENETIC COUNSELING) ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, DATA ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE AND / OR SERVICES (INCLUDING THE TEST RESULTS AND GENETIC COUNSELING): (A) WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. THE SITE, AND CONTENT ON THE SITE, ARE FOR YOUR RESEARCH, INFORMATIONAL, AND EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY, AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS MEDICAL OR HEALTH ADVICE OR FOR THE MEDICAL TREATMENT OF YOUR DOG. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON SITE CONTENT AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT PROVIDED BY A VETERINARIAN. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT A DOG'S HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A VETERINARIAN. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL OR HEALTH RELATED ADVICE FROM A VETERINARIAN BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. OUR GENETIC TESTING SERVICES, INCLUDING THE TEST RESULTS, ARE BASED ON THE CURRENT STATE OF GENETIC RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY IN USE BY PAW PRINT GENETICS, THE PROVIDER OF THE CANINE HEALTHCHECK. WE WILL NOT, HOWEVER, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT IF TEST RESULTS ARE INCOMPLETE OR CONTAIN ERRORS, EVEN IF THE INCOMPLETE TEST RESULTS OR ERRORS WERE CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE. YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND IF TEST RESULTS ARE INCOMPLETE OR CONTAIN ERRORS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND / OR SERVICES (INCLUDING THE TEST RESULTS AND GENETIC COUNSELING) EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND SERVICES (INCLUDING THE TEST RESULTS AND GENETIC COUNSELING) ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SITE OR SERVICES (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) FIFTY US DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU'VE PAID FOR THE CANINE HEALTHCHECK IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS FOR SERVICES RELATED TO THE DOG THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM (IF ANY). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TERM AND TERMINATION.
Subject to this Section, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or Services. We may (a) suspend your rights to use the Site and/or Services (including your Account) or (b) terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site or Services in violation of this Agreement. We may elect not to perform any Test(s) or provide any Test Results, in our discretion. Upon termination of this Agreement, your Account and right to access and use the Site and Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve the deletion of your User Content associated therewith from our live databases. We will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of this Agreement, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your User Content. Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 3 (excluding any licenses granted therein) and 4 –11.
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do the same. In connection with our Site and Services, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our online Site and Services who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site and Services, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney's fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
Our designated Copyright Agent is:
c/o Paw Print Genetics
220 E. Rowan
Spokane, WA 99207
- Any and all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action (including the interpretation and scope of this clause, and the arbitrability of the controversy, dispute, demand, count, claim, or cause of action) between you and us and our employees, agents, successors, or assigns, regarding or relating to these the Site, Services or this Agreement, will exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration.
Arbitration will be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and not any state arbitration law. The arbitration will be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes from the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") or JAMS. As modified by this Agreement, and unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing, the arbitration will be governed by the AAA's or JAMS's rules for commercial arbitration and, if the arbitrator deems them applicable, the procedures for consumer-related disputes.
You are thus GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights EXCEPT for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You are entitled to a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT.
You and we must abide by the following rules: (1) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (2) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF, (3) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, we will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation, (4) we also reserve the right in our sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all of the costs of the arbitration; (5) the arbitrator will honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (6) the arbitrator's award will be final and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction; (7) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (8) each side pays its own attorneys' fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees' and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded will be determined by the applicable law.
- (c) Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or we may bring an individual action in small claims court. Further, claims of infringement or misappropriation of the other party's patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret will not be subject to this arbitration agreement. Such claims will be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in Spokane County, Washington. Additionally, notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before the state or federal courts located in Spokane County, Washington in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration, and agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Spokane County, Washington for such purpose. A request for interim measures will not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
- With the exception of subparts (1) and (2) in the paragraph 11.2(b) above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Agreement, then the balance of this arbitration provision will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either subparts (1) or (2) in the paragraph 11.2(b) (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision will be null and void, and neither you nor we will be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute will be exclusively brought in state or federal court in Spokane County, Washington.
- Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, if we seek to terminate the Dispute Resolution section as included in the Agreement, any such termination will not be effective until 30 days after the version of the Agreement not containing the agreement to arbitrate is posted to the Site, and will not be effective as to any claim of which you provided us with written notice prior to the date of termination.
- For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at http://www.adr.org. For more information on JAMS, it's Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call JAMS at 800-352-5267 or visit the JAMS website at http://www.jamsadr.com.
- Choice Of Law. Any and all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action between you and us and our employees, agents, successors, or assigns, regarding or relating to these the Site, Services or this Agreement, will exclusively be governed by the internal laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its choice of law rules and without regard to conflicts of laws principles except that the arbitration provision will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and us use electronic means, whether you use the Service or send us e-mails, or whether we post notices on the Site or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word including means including without limitation. If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to us is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without our prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. We may assign this Agreement for any reason without your prior written consent. The terms of this Agreement will be binding upon assignees.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2013, Genetic Veterinary Sciences®, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
Paw Print Genetics
220 E. Rowan, Suite 220
Spokane, WA 99207